Monday, May 30, 2005

What a good eater!

A couple of nights ago I roped Joe into taking us to the Golden Corral (Hey judgemental people! Shut it! I was wanting pot roast and banana pudding in the worst way, and short of turning back time to that morning and making some, the Corral was my only option.)

Joe strapped Jaynie into the highchair while I went up to the buffet to get food for the both of us. I got a plate for me, and an entire plate for her. Seriously - it was a lot of food. I didn't want to have to get back up 12 times if she wanted more or something different or whatever. I got her broccoli and carrots and beans and fish and pot roast and potatoes and cauliflower and cantelope and pinapple and cornbread. It was a grown-up's portion of food.

She ate it all.

People 4 tables away were asking us "How old is she? Wow - she's a good eater!" When Jaynie abandoned the cut-up broccoli I'd given her and grabbed a big stalk to gnaw on, I heard a little old lady half the room away start giggling.

When the banana pudding came out, I thought she was going to pass out from the sheer joy of it. Bananas! Cookies! Pudding! All in one bite? Genius!

When we got home and gave her the bath, we were both crying we were laughing so hard. Her little belly was sticking straight out like a pregnant woman's. We're talking 3rd trimester here. She was stuffed.

No comments: