Monday, May 23, 2005

Hello? Can you hear me now?

Joe has been TDY for almost 2 weeks (gets back tomorrow - yay!) During that time Jaynie has perfected her phone skills. When he's not avaliable, we'll sometimes just call so she can listen to his voice on the voicemail and leave him a little message ("Hi Dad!") When he is avaliable the two of them will chat forever. He askes her stuff like "What does the cow say?" and she'll respond (wait for it...) "Moo!" So cute.

She's gotten so good at this phone thing that I can just hand it to her and she'll hold it to her ear and talk to him. A couple of nights ago I was trying to get dinner on the table, she was trying to climb me, he was trying to talk to me, so I just strapped her in the high chair, handed her the phone, and the two of them amused eachother while I made dinner.

That led us to yesterday at WalMart. I'm pushing her around in the cart, hunting for creamsicles (Why can I only find the sugarfree kind? I don't WANT the sugarfree kind! I want a CREAMSICLE!), when her Dad calls. She's immediatley reaching for the phone ("Dad! Dad! Dad!"), so I hand it to her and keep shopping. You would not believe the looks we got from other shoppers. Picture a toddler, chatting on a cell phone ("Moo. Baa. Ribbit. Meow. Ruff-Ruff."), while Mom looks for popsicles. We were quite the spectacle. Would've been better if I'd had another phone for me to talk on - then it would've looked like she had her own phone, at the tender age of one. Too cute.

No comments: