Thursday, May 12, 2005

Boogers beware!

This morning Jaynie shoved the bulb syringe up my nose.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the bulb syringe is a little turkey-baster-looking thing that you use to suck the boogers from a baby's nose when they are still too little to understand "Blow!". (We actually call it the "nose-sucker" around here, but I figured I'd be technical when telling the story.)

I was laying down in the nap arena* with my eyes closed, trying to encourage Jaynie to do the same. She decided that a much better idea than napping would be to have her revenge on me for 14 months of snot-sucking. Holy cow - my eyes are still watering. There is never a dull moment in this house.




*Nap Arena - this is a genius concept brought to us by the Foose family. Instead of fighting to get a kid who just wants to play play play into the crib for a nap, you spread out some soft blankets and pillows on the floor of her room. Then when it's nap time, just lay down there and invite said kid to come have a snuggle. After a few minutes she's in dreamland, and you can sneak off to do something really exciting and fun... like shower.

1 comment:

freeplaylife said...

Those snot suckers are weapons when wielded by the wrong hands. Which I qualify under, since I never got the hang of using those things. Luckily, while in Hungary, I bought an electronic booger sucker which I plug into a wall, put in the general vicinity of the nostril, and it sucks it all out using a motorized sucker. :)

Maybe for the next nap time, you can first remove all suspicious objects from the nappy oasis of sleep! ;)