Sunday, May 15, 2005

Uh oh

I have two alarming things to report today...

1) As of this morning, Jaynie can reach the kitchen counter. No more leaving stuff close to the edge. Every time I think I've got the house Jaynie-proofed, she either learns a new skill or grows another inch. Sigh.

2) Yesterday was my one free day a month of daycare. She was there from 8am to 2pm. I did lots of exciting things like clean her room, go grocery shopping, vacuum the floors, and take a shower. The shower was the best part. Without the chorus of "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" outside the door, I was able to take my time. I actually used my body scrub, not just the soap. I deep-conditioned my hair. I used the pumice stone on my feet. I also sang a bit in the shower. What song did I sing, during my grown-up-Jaynie's-not-even-in-the-house-shower?

"Do the duck! Rubber duck, duck, rubber duck..... "

No comments: