Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Swing!

Every time we go to the park I do a sign for "swing" when she's on them. She's never done it back, or said the word. When she wants to go on the swings, she just heads towards them. (It's so cute - she'll go down the slide for the last time, then just walk away towards the swings. She doesn't bother to let me know where we're going, she doesn't even check to make sure I'm following - she just heads over there. )

It's been a few days since we went out there - we've been doing our outdoor playing in the front yard lately (we've discovered the joy of playing in a sprinkler - what fun!) Today when she woke up from her nap she looked around, zeroed in on me, took her binky out of her mouth and signed while saying, clear as day, "Swing!"

So we went. And we swinged (swung? swang?). And we blew bubbles. And we went down the slide. And we played with some other kids. And we had a blast.




And when we got home.... I had to pull a tick off of my baby. It's back to the front yard for her. Blegh.

No comments: