Friday, January 19, 2007

How very silly of me.

Recently I was trying to get Madam to eat her veggies, in the time-honored tradition of claiming they would make her "big and strong". She looked completely unimpressed. Who wants to be big and strong anyway? I had an idea -

Eat up! They'll make you smart and beautiful!

Mom! I'm already smart and beautiful, hello! (Yeeeah - she's adopted my use of the word "hello!" at the end of a sentence. Smart ass.)

(I'm trying to keep a straight face. A "Eat your veggies right this minute" face. It's a losing battle.)

Look at me! (Frantically gestures to herself. Kind of Vanna White - big sweeping arm movements.) Look at how beautiful I am! And I'm the smartest kiddo ever! I don't need to be MORE smart and beautiful!



Maybe I should've told her they'd make her humble and modest.

No comments: