Monday, January 22, 2007

Hot monkey, anyone?

Yesterday, as I'm strapping Madam into her carseat, she looks up and asks me "Mommy? Do you renember last morning when I was in my Princess Jewelianana costume and I made everybody into things with magic like debils and butterflies and stuff, and then when I was done I made you all back into your normal selves?"

She's talking about Halloween. Jaynie has a very fluid definition of "last morning", it basically means "anytime before right now."

So I told her yes, of course I remember that. She says "Maybe when we get home, I can put my costume on and get my wand and turn you into something with my magic! Maybe a monkey!" Then she leans in reeeaaal close - nose to nose - and says "A Hhhhot monkey!"

That's me, folks. Hot monkey. Not average-looking monkey. Not kinda-pretty monkey. Not even beautiful monkey. HOT monkey. Beat that.

No comments: