Friday, February 09, 2007

She works hard for the money.

So, Jaynie has a chore. A real, honest-to-God, actually helps me out chore.

When the diapers come out of the laundry it's a big basket full of dipes, liners, inserts, etc. all jumbled together. There are 4 baskets under the changing table that this mess gets sorted into. Of course, this was my job (what isn't.)

One night I'm running in and out of the room finding pj's, turning on heaters, etc. Joe is in there playing with the kids. I notice that one of the baskets is filled with diapers and I'm all ready to thank him for putting the stuff away when I notice it's not him who's doing it.

Entirely on her own, she's putting away the laundry.

She was doing a damn fine job, too. Diapers with diapers. Liners with liners. Inserts FOLDED, then stacked. Holy cow - I couldn't have done it better myself.

So now it's her job. I put two quarters in her piggy bank every time she does it. Yesterday she wanted to go on a 50cent ride at the commissary, and told me that if I let her she would "Put away the laundry!" for me when we got home. I love it.

Next up - teaching her to clean up under Jonas's high chair.

No comments: