Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The hell?

So we went to Rome for the weekend. It was fantastic. We stayed at this kick-ass apartment for less than most hotels. Two bedrooms, living, dining, full kitchen (w/ all her plates etc)... it was very nice. We ate great pizza, saw beautiful fountains, strolled through gardens, went to the zoo... all in all a successful trip.

Somehow, however, I missed the most exciting part of the weekend. Apparently, while everyone else was in one room, and I was in the other... Jonas took his first steps. Yeah - you read that right. He took three, THREE, steps from Mom to Joe, and they waited until after he'd fallen to call me.

"Well - it's not like he crossed the room or anything. He just took 3 steps."

"Yeah, um... I've never seen him take ONE STEP."

"Oh. Sorry."

Grrrr. Later I did, in fact, see him take one step. But that's it. And it hasn't happened since. Which is fine with me due to the fact that once he's walking I may have to start referring to him as a toddler, and I'm still not entirely cool w/ Jaynie being one of those. (What? When she turns three on Saturday she won't be a toddler anymore? Preschooler? La la la - I can't hear you.)

No comments: