Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Product Endorsement

I know this blog is usually all Jaynie, all the time, but I want to take a moment and tell you all about some fab new products I have recently started using.

1st - the Mr. Clean MagicReach. It's wonderful. I can scrub every inch of my shower without actually being in it (I hate being trapped in there with the cleanser smell - although, I have to admit that this one has a nice orangey smell - so maybe it wouldn't be that bad.) I can scrub the floor without bending over (nice now, a must in a few months). My only beef is that the little scrubby pads you have to buy actually have the cleanser inside them. Doesn't sound so bad, but I thought this was just a tool and I'd be able to continue to buy whatever I had a coupon for or was on sale. Now I'm trapped getting these overpriced pads. Whatever - small price to pay if it means I actually clean my shower.

2nd - Barilla's new Pasta Plus. It's not made from your normal pasta ingredients. It's got ground up chickpeas and flaxseed and all kinds of stuff in it, so it has protein and fiber and omega-3's and all kinds of good things. I was hesitant to serve pasta made from ground legumes to the fam, but I just didn't mention it was any different and they both ate it no problem. I felt like those sneaky guys in the Foldger's commercials. "We've traded Joe's normal spaghetti for one made of beans! Let's see if he can tell the difference!"

That's all for now. As always, I'm a huge fan of Clorox wipes (a Mom's best friend!), but I was trying to focus on the new and innovative. Now, I'm off to take a shower in my sparkly, orange-scented stall. G'night!

1 comment:

Me said...

Stopped in for the first time... wanted to say I briefly entertained the idea of the scrubbers based on your rave however buying little scrubby pads isn't something I want to keep up on, and I have also found that products like this tend to come and then "go" rather quickly... leaving it almost impossible to find the replacement pads.

I guess that means I'll just live with a soap scumming shower for a bit longer. *wink*

Ummm... the Clorox wipes - I second that one. I thought they were a waste of money and silly and I could do the same with a paper towel and bleach. Then I bought 2 containers and I fell in love. My kids actually CLEAN the bathroom counters now! Gasp! :)

We don't eat much pasta - but if I'm in the aisle and I see it I might give it a go.

Nice to 'meet' you thru your blog!