Sunday, June 26, 2005

Fun With Water

Jaynie and I got Joe a pressure cleaner for Father's day.

I was a little worried about this gift. It didn't have anything to do with Jaynie, or with being a father. It wasn't... fun. After my fabulous spa day gift for Mother's day, I was feeling the pressure to really come up with something good.

I don't know why I was worried. Joe set it up a couple hours ago and has not turned the hose off since. He started with my car, then did the sidewalk and porch steps, then the porch - who knows what he's cleaning now. He actually turned to me and said (in a total little kid excited on his birthday voice) "How have I gone this long without one of these things?!?"

Today I finally bought Jaynie a blow-up pool. I don't know what I've been waiting for. If she had the vocabulary, she would say the same thing her Dad did ("How have I survived without this?") She looooves it. It's shaped like an elephant, and if you plug your hose into it (that is, if you can wrestle the hose away from your overzealous pressure-cleaning father), water squirts out of the tail all over you. I had her in her polka-dot bikini, in the pool, out in the front yard. She was cracking the neighbors up.

We just got back from a vacation to Fort Walton Beach, FL. She had such a blast on the beach and at the pool - I knew I had to do something around here. The lawn sprinkler just wasn't cutting it.

No comments: