Sunday, July 10, 2005

My Daughter, The Genius

Joe was home for a four day weekend last week, thanks to the 4th of July. During these four days he changed every single poopy diaper we had the misfortune to encounter. (My nausea has gotten SO MUCH WORSE in the second trimester. I'm pretty sure that's not the way it's supposed to work. Blegh.)

Tuesday rolls around, and my secret weapon against stinky diapers has to go back to work.
Approximately 5 minutes after he leaves, Jaynie comes up to me and says "Poop!" (which was really unnessasary, as my eyes started watering when she got within 3 feet of me). She then looks around (here comes the genius part!) and says "Daddy?"

That's right, folks. Daddy is officially in charge of poop around here. When he's home she'll go right to him. "Poop! Daddy!" Sometimes she'll bring him a clean diaper, to help him understand exactly what she's trying to communicate (again - like the smell isn't enough to alert us).

How wonderful is this kid? Pretty freaking wonderful. =)

No comments: