Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The rest of you will no doubt find this funny...

But for those of us who live here? Exhausting.

Earlier today, Madam wanders into the kitchen while I'm making her some chocolate milk. Which she just asked for. And is now standing 3 feet from me, watching me stir in the Quik.

J: What are you making, Mommy?

M: Uh... the chocolate milk you just asked for?

J: Is it the kind you make with brown powder? Or my special kind? ("Special kind" = chocolate soy milk I buy for her.)

M: Um... do you see this brown powder, here?

J: Yes.

M: ....

J: ....

M: It's the brown powder kind, hello! This brown powder right here!

J: Why is it not my special kind?

M: Because we're all out.

J: Why are we all out?

M: Because you drank it all.

J: Why did I drink it all?

M:.....

J:......

M: Seriously?

J:.....

M: I don't know, Jayne. I guess you were thirsty?

J: Why was I thirsty?

M: [hands her the milk, walks out of the room, bangs head repeatedly against the wall.......]

No comments: