Wednesday, March 28, 2007

DAD! DAD? DAAAAD!

Joe is TDY. He's been gone since Friday.

For the first few days, Jonas didn't seem to notice. I mean, maybe he did, but who can tell? Well, we can tell now. Every evening he goes from room to room yelling "DAD! DAD? DAD! DAD! DAD?" It's pathetic.

He's not upset. He's not crying or anything, but he literally crawls all over the house, opening doors, yelling for his Dad. Whenever I open the kitchen door that leads to our balcony he hurries across the living room to get to me and look for Dad (the balcony overlooks our driveway and it's generally where the kids yell and greet him every night.)

He also says "Bye bye!" "check!" (Like this - Phone? Check! Keys? Check! Purse? (Jonas pipes up from my arms...) "CHECK!") "Jayneeeee", "Hi, you!" "Helloooooo" and, of course, "Bob". (That would be me. Sigh.)

No comments: