Saturday, July 16, 2005

This is me. This is me having a heart attack.

So, I'm sitting here trying to update the website (Let this story be a lesson to all of you who have been harrassing me about it. Suz. ), and Jaynie is running around the house. She comes by, gives me a brief "tickle tickle tickle", then runs away laughing. I know how this game works. I chase her down, (very gently, of course) throw her to the ground, and start tickling/kissing her. I notice she has her romper unsnapped, and when I go to chomp a thigh I make a very alarming discovery.

She is not wearing a diaper.

You read that right. The kid is running around naked from the waist down. When I could breathe again, I asked her "Jaynie? Where is your diaper?" and she said, and I quote, "Poop."

This was where I nearly had a heart attack.

I got a new diaper on her, snapped her up, went and got Joe, and we began the search. After about 10 min. he found a very wet, but thankfully poop-free, diaper. She had thrown it over the baby gate we have up that keeps her away from the kitchen trash. Holy cow. If she wanted a dry diaper, all she had to do was ask for it. Now, if you all will excuse me, I need to duct-tape her outfit closed, and finish updating the site.

No comments: