Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Jaynie-isms

Tonight after dinner Jaynie picked up my phone, pulled out the antennae, pushed several buttons, held it to her ear, and said - "Hello? Blah blah blah. I'd like a cheeseburger, pleeeaaase."

This event was obviously blog- worthy, as it had both Joe and I near tears (well, I was near tears - Joe was too busy asking me "How often do you take this kid through the drive through?!?!) It also made me realize it's been a while, and she says all kinds of cute things that need to be recorded for posterity. Of the top of my head...

Sleeping Bloofy

On Comet and Q-tip and Donner and Litzen

Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin (ok, she pronouces this correctly, but it's cute enough to include here.)

She can sing the 12 days of Christmas. Seriously - starting from about 10 down she's got it. "10 Lords a leaping, 9 ladies dancing.... an a porridge in a pear-eeey"

Jaynie's version of counting to ten - "One, two, three, four, five, eight, nine, ten. (pause) six and seven. (pause) ELEVEN!"

She's big on throwing around the words "also" and "too". "Mommy has brown hair, toooooo." She's learning her letters and will look at her ABC book and say something like "C is for cow, also car tooooooo."

There are more. There are hundreds of thousands of cute things she says, but that's all I've got for now. I'd promise to do better keeping up with this, but considering I'm going to have twice the trouble around here any day now, I don't want to make promises I can't keep. Seriously, folks, have you ever tried to chase around an almost-two-year-old while weighing approximately 400lbs? It's not easy. When she runs up to hug my leg I totally lose sight of her. And losing sight of this kid for a second is bad news. She can destroy a room in under 20 seconds if left unattended. (Joe is saying she can destroy it in half the time with my help. He claims he can leave a perfectly clean room and come back less than a minute later to find the two of us playing surrounded by toys and crushed Cheerios. I have no idea what he's talking about.)

No comments: