Saturday, November 12, 2005

She talks in her sleep...

I've heard some pretty funny stuff come out of her room at 2am, but being that I was asleep too... well, it's hard to remember in the morning. Sue me.

Luckily for this blog, she also talks while she naps. She generally naps for about 2 hours. 45 minutes in, she wakes up just enough to cry a little, maybe say a few ridiculous things, then lay back down. Last week after a trip to the zoo she woke up saying "Monkeys! Monkeys! More monkeys! Jaynie wants the monkeys!" (Apparently we headed for the elephants prematurely.)

Yesterday's is the all-time winner, though. She was in her room and I suddenly hear "ALL DONE!" and I'm thinking "Crap. That was a short nap." (assuming that the "all done" meant "I'm all done with this nap, thanks.")

Then I hear "ALL DONE GEORGE!" and I briefly entertain thoughts of smacking that cat around... till I notice he's on the couch next to me. Not, you know, in her room harassing her.

But the part where I finally figured out she was dreaming? "All done George blow bubbles! Jaynie want the bubbles!"



I'll let you ponder that image for a minute. Apparently, in her dreams, George is a bubble-hog.

No comments: