Friday, March 17, 2006

Like Princess Jewelianana!

Jaynie has this book - "Princess Jeweliana and the Sparkling Rainbow Ball" (pronounced "Jewelianana" by the Twink.) She loves it. It's the favorite right now. She insists on having it read before every nap, and at bedtime each night.

It never occurred to us that she didn't know what a "ball" was, until she turned to Joe one night and asked for a "sparkly rainbow ball - like Princess Jewelianana!"

The next day I was in Target and as I walked past the big bin of playground balls, I spotted a swirly multi-colored one buried under the solids. I had to stick practically my entire body in there to get to it, but it found it's way home.

Jaynie took one look at it and squealed "It's a sparkly rainbow ball! Like Princess Jewelianana! THANK YOU, MOMMY!"

I did good. =)

No comments: